- It is highly advised to take omega-3-rich foods to avoid arthritis and gout. Researches have clearly suggested that fatty acids found in omega-3 and omega-6 can significantly reduce joint inflammation by blocking inflammatory substances which cause joint swelling and pain. Clinical studies have compared the main sources of omega-3 and omega-6 found in saltwater fish (marine fish) and freshwater fish. It has been indicated that catfish provides 0.46 grams of omega-3 while 0.40 grams obtained from white seabass. However, omega-3 is heat-sensitive fatty acid therefore cooking by using high temperature such as deep fried should be avoided.
- Weight control is crucial if obese. Low-calorie diet intake is recommended with sufficient consumption of the five food groups. Daily eating of at least 400 grams of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables with optimal portion of low-calorie protein mainly obtained from plants is strongly suggested.
- Avoiding the consumption of red meat such as pork and beef.
- Fresh fruits are preferrable instead of fruit juice with high sugar.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Alcohol drinking should be avoided.
Opportunity to get money at ufa